To ring in 2020, we have put together 5 bag trends to add to your wardrobe this season. From slouchy XXL-carryalls to microscopic icons, let these bag and purse trends for 2020 inspire your next high-end handbag investment.
5 Bag Trends for 2020
1. Super-sized Bags
With Spring/Summer’s jumbo-sized bags, there’s no need to pack lightly in 2020. Thanks to sufficient space for office gear, workout attire, and vacation essentials alike, this BAG SIZE trend is here to bolster your busy schedule – whether you opt for a parachute-like hobo-bag as seen at Hermès, Dior’s oversized monogram-covered tote or a sling-bag in Bottega Veneta’s signature weave.
2. Fancy Shapes
Unconventional shapes make festive accessories dashing statement pieces in 2020. Halfmoon bags as seen at Chanel or the uniquely shaped Dior Saddle Bag pave the way for geometrical dimensions and eccentric silhouettes. For the extra dose of extravaganza, this CHANEL 2.55 LAMB REISSUE RHOMB pairs sharp contours with silvery shimmer.
3. Tiny Icons
Investing in a beloved classic is always a good idea. But for 2020, why not choose a delightfully compact size? These dainty-sized favourites are not only on-trend with fashion’s current micro-obsession but also promising future collectors’ pieces. With merely 13 centimeters in length, this CHAMPAGNE-COLOURED DIOR DIORAMA clearly plays in the big leagues.
4. Vintage Clasps & Buckles
Featuring vintage-inspired forefront clasps, the buckle bag is given new life in 2020. Whether you prefer a glossy bag with golden details and structured handles as seen at Gucci or the rectangular shape from Louis Vuitton’s Spring/Summer 2020 Collection, buckle bags exude retro-aesthetic and elegant practicability. For true vintage lovers, this sleek late 1980s Hermès Kelly Mini made from delicate crocodile skin features a 24 carat gold-plated turn-lock clasp.
5. Power Bags
For office days and business trips, 2020’s power bags come in bold designs and striking materials. A sandy XXL-Birkin Bag for instance, as seen at the Hermès Spring/Summer 2020 Menswear show, or a brightly couloured Hermès Kelly Bag are statement additions to any work attire. Combining subtle luxury with athletic chic, this limited edition HERMÈS BIRKIN OFFICIER is all set to upgrade your work-style balance in 2020.
- SACLÀB INSIDERSWorth it? Unravelling Hermès Handbag Pricing
- LÀB REPORTAuthenticating your Chanel or Hermès handbag: A primer
- LÀB REPORTA Guide to Selling Your Designer Handbag
- SACLÀB INSIDERSMeet the Founders
- SACLÀB ICONS5 Bag Trends for 2020
- SACLÀB ICONSChristian Dior: The Story of a Couturier
- SACLÀB INSIDERSSACLÀB on Sustainability
- LÀB REPORTHow to Take Care of Your Hermès Bag
- SACLÀB INSIDERSThe 2019 SACLÀB Christmas Gift Guide for Handbag Lovers
- SACLÀB ICONSBehind the Birkin
- LÀB REPORTFrom Micro to Maxi: Discover Which Handbag Size is Right For You
- SACLÀB INSIDERSThe Chanel Conversation Piece
- SACLÀB ICONSThe Story of the Hermès Kelly